Saturday, July 05, 2008



Social Security Disability and Back conditions

This section of the blog contains links to pages that address various back conditions. To some extent, these pages discuss stories that focus on new developments with regard to degenerative disc disease.


1. A New Treatment for Degenerative Disc Disease

"Many people with degenerative disc disease have suffered through excruciating back pain with no relief in sight"

2. Social Security Disability, SSI, Degenerative Disc Disease and Back pain

"Here are a few pages from my site that discuss the social security administration's approach to the evaluation of disability claims that involve back pain and degenerative disc disease"

3. Disability Benefits based on back problems - degenerative disc disease

"I just read a story about a police officer whose degenerative disc disease was bad enough that he was forced to leave his job in law enforcement"

4. Genetics May Determine if An Individual Will Suffer From Degenerative Disc Disease

"What they discovered with regard to degenerative disc disease was that the disease might be caused by genetics rather than physical exertion, wear and tear, or stress to the spine"

5. Surgical Procedure Provides Fast Back Pain Relief

"Chronic back pain caused by spinal disc degeneration or herniations can be debilitating, but recovering from an open back surgery can take months"

6. Degenerative disc disease, disability, and activities of daily living

"I'm here to tell you that that particular question is very valid, as regards degenerative disc disease and back pain"

7. Spinal Stenosis Social Security Disability SSI

"Spinal stenosis is given consideration in the social security administration's impairment listing manual under the category of musculoskeletal impairments"

8. A few thoughts on Back Pain and Social Security Disability

"How horrible it would be to be saddled with nagging lumbar back pain indefinitely"

9. Social Security Disability SSI and Chiropractors

"If you have a severe back condition (degenerative disc disease, arthritis, scoliosis, etc) and this forms the basis or partial basis for your claim, make sure you understand that records from a chiropractor are NOT considered medical evidence"

10. Ankylosing Spondylitis Social Security Disability SSI - Applying for Disability

"Ankylosing Spondylitis is a chronic degenerative systemic inflammatory arthritis, which generally affects the spine and sacroiliac joints"

11. Surgical Procedure Provides Fast Back Pain Relief

"Chronic back pain caused by spinal disc degeneration or herniations can be debilitating, but recovering from an open back surgery can take months"

12. Back pain - A first person perspective

"One of the most commonly listed impairments on social security disability and ssi disability applications is lower back pain"

13. Back Pain and Disability - surgery doesn't always work

"Surgery doesn't alway alleviate back pain"

14. Social Security Disability, Back Fusion and Pain

"doctors will typically worn patients that a back fusion might improve their overall condition and alleviate their back pain, or may possibly make it worse"

15. Herniated Disc, Social Security Disability SSI

"Allegations such as herniated disc, lower back pain, and degenerative disc disease tend to show up quite frequently, in fact"

16. Filed Disability For Back Pain - will I be denied?

"The Social Security Administration evaluates back pain like any other medical or mental impairment"

17. Cars and Back problems

"If you have back problems, you really don't want a car that's low to the ground because getting in and out can be problematic and aggravating to a back condition"

18. A New Treatment for Degenerative Disc Disease

"Many people with degenerative disc disease have suffered through excruciating back pain with no relief in sight"

19. ProDisc-L - an artificial disc replacement

"My in-laws both suffer from back problems and each has had lumbar spinal fusions. And, as is the case for many individuals who have had this type of surgery, the fusions haven't been completely successful"




Return to the Social Security Disability SSI Benefits Blog

2 Comments:

Blogger cyberwife99 said...

First I would like to say thank you for helping so many of us...
I have a Large L5 S1 paracentral disc herniations, nerve root impingenment at S1, DDD and facet disease at L4 and L5 s1, calcified disc fragment, S1 Radiculopathy and central canal stenosis.

I was acutally schedule for surgery, Iv, checked in, talked to the anesteologist and started panic attacks.. actually about 2 weeks prior I started with hot flashes.. Now I have chest pains, hot flashes, shortness of breath, but I that day I actually asked to speak to my doctor prior to surgery. My last visit he prescribed me Vicodin and it really helped me.. I told him that and asked if it was necessary for surgery if that is helping. He told me to stay off of them and take otc (didn't work) and then reschedule if we need but he cancelled the surgery. I honestly didn't know that the surgery was that big of a surgery after all the research I ve been doing about it. I did go to my primary care and she prescribed me Lexapro for the aniexty/depression. I am terrified of the surgery.. everyone tells me I should have it but are the chances worth it? I don't want to have to go back in a could years possibly more then once to have surgery again. If I don't have the surgery would it hurt my case? Plus I can't afford cobra insurance $512 per month or my husbands insurance $422 per month.. Right now I get LTD but not sure if they are going to denie me now that I chicked out of surgery.

Thanks for your help..

11:19 PM  
Blogger Disability Blogger said...

Hi cyberwife99, I addressed your comments here: Social Security Disability, Disc Herniation, Nerve Root Impingement, and Stenosis among others

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home