Monday, September 17, 2007



The Neatest Thing on Blogger - Blogger Play

When I add to this blog, I normally just log in without reading any of the news items that are posted on the "after-login screen" (for lack of a better definition). A few days ago, though, I did take a moment to scan some of the items that the googlers working in the blogger world chose to put before me. And I am very very glad that I did.

Blogger Play has to be one of the neatest things I've ever come across. It's simply a way to view, in real time, all the pics that are being uploaded to blogs (using the blogger service) around the world.

Why do I find it so neat? Because blogs themselves provide a window into the worlds of other people: their thoughts, emotions, experiences, reflections. However, if you have limited time throughout the day, week, or even month, it can be difficult to keep up with even a few of your favorite blogs.

This is where Blogger Play comes to the rescue. By watching photos upload continuously, you get an endless stream of the bits and pieces of people's lives. And though the pics fly by fairly fast, you almost, in the second or so that a pic exists before your eyes, have time to think things like "I'd love to travel there", "I didn't know it came in that color", "I should get one of those", "How did he take that shot?". It's very much like watching a people acquarium.

Here are some aspects of Blogger Play that make it even better. You can pause on any image if you want to view it longer. And if the image goes by, you can use the reverse button on the screen to back up to it. And, if you'd like to learn more about the image, who took it, and why it is even being posted, you can click on the image and visit the blog that it was uploaded to.

Here's the link to Blogger Play: Blogger Play




Return to the Social Security Disability SSI Benefits Blog












Disability in the Various States:

Georgia Disability
Massachusetts Disability
Illinois Disability
Indiana Disability