Monday, April 16, 2007



Win Loss stats at various levels

Here's a link to a chart graphic on attorney Charles Hall's blog that is fairly interesting and which also substantiates the numbers routinely tossed out by many reps.

Titled "Disability Determinations and Appeals Fiscal Year 2006", this is what it has to say:

At the initial claim level, claimants have a 35% chance of being approved and a 65% chance of being denied. At the first appeal level, they have an 87% percent chance of being denied and only a 13% chance of being awarded benefits. At the hearing level, 62% of cases are allowed.

Now, here's a statistic for individuals who worry about the odds of being taken off benefits. 95% of those who have their claims reviewed (at a CDR, or continuing disability review) have their benefits continued. Only 5% are taken off benefit receipt.

Win Loss stats at various levels




Return to the Social Security Disability SSI Benefits Blog




Other Posts

Disc replacement
Controversy
Obesity a pandemic
Gene profiling
Keeper of a statement
Baby fat
Mcfatten
Autism and older fathers
Enlarged prostate over 40
Fast food portion size

Nicotine levels higher than previously thought
The IRS and the collection of taxes
Getting disability benefits from the social security administration can be fairly difficult
Regarding the filing of an appeal
If you are trying to win disability benefits, this post may be of interest to you
Regarding the subject of social security doctors
You should file as soon as possible
A decision on a claim following a disability hearing
Stroke
Things to expect re: the doctor appointment for social security
Status checks on a disability case
Illegal immigrants and stolen social security numbers
Common sense and the DEA

Boomers
Is disability harder for a woman?
Repercussions for cases involving comatose patients
High protein diets
Increasing Poverty in America
Weight loss drug awaiting FDA approval
Widescreens -- big deal
Social Security Administration Budgeting - Idiocy at work
Good fats lower the risk of
death from heart disease

Tuna and Fish lowers stroke risk
Social Security Disability SSI - mistakes not to make 1
Irwin would not have wanted this