Tuesday, September 26, 2006



SSI removed from high risk list

I don't recall how I came across this particular page on the ssa.gov site. However when I read the title ("Supplemental Security Income Program Removed from High-Risk List) and saw the date of the webpage/press release (January 30, 2003), I almost felt like laughing. However, my spouse who is a field office claims rep, corrected me on my reaction. In actuality, as she told me, the SSI program underwent a fairly substantial round of housecleaning that, depending on your point of view, was reasonably successful. Apparently, before the date of this press release, SSI CDRs (continuing disability reviews) were taking as long as 9 years to get done.

Here's the release: Supplemental Security Income Program Removed from High-Risk List














Other Posts:
Getting Disability
Getting ready for a disability hearing
How long does it take get a decision after a Disability Hearing ?