Fa(s)t Food Pushers
None of the information I'm about to reference should be particularly surprisingly. However, it may give one food for thought.
1. Obesity now causes four hundred thousand deaths each year in the U.S., according to the American Journal of Public Health.
2. These obesity related deaths are skewed to segments of the population that can be classified as lower income.
3. The two largest soft drink manufacturers spend about 4 billion to advertise their products and McDonald's spends about 700 million to advertise its food products.
4. In 2001, the U.S. Surgeon General called for action on obesity.
5. In 2005, a congressional bill sought to shield the fast food industry from health-related lawsuits.
Draw your own conclusions.
Return to the Social Security Disability SSI Benefits Blog
How to get disability
If you are turned down and denied for disability