Saturday, September 30, 2006



The effects of aspirin negated

A while back I heard that naprosyn and aspirin tended to negate each other, though I have no real idea if there's any validity to this and a web search regarding this has not been confirmatory either way. However, yesterday's edition of the People's pharmacy column cited a 2001 report from the New England Journal of Medicine which suggested that Ibuprofen could counteract one of the benefits of aspirin: anticlotting.

Supporting this is a new study published in the September 2006 edition of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics. I don't use ibuprofen but now I'll be on guard to definitely avoid it since I take a daily half tab of aspirin (heart disease runs on one side of the family).




Return to the Social Security Disability SSI Benefits Blog













Other Posts:
Denied for SSI
Should you appeal a disability denial ? How do you do it ?
Social Security Disability SSI - Reapplying is NOT the same thing as appealing